Please spare me from anymore torment!

I didn't know what bad deed I had done to deserve this whole series of unfortunate events.

Yesterday, 27/03.2007, I went back to the immigration office in JB to look for the officer in charge, as per instructed by her last week. Guess what, when I saw her and briefly explained to her my case, she denied flatly about having asked me to come back and look for her!

I was totally dumb-founded for a few seconds before I could say a word. In order to refresh her memory, I politely reminded her that my passport was being snatched in case she thought i had lost it by own carelessness. And she replied me saying that it wasn't her fault that my passport was being snatched. I had to muster all my strength and will power not to raise my voice but calmly explain to her my circuimstances. But still she denied having promised me to speed up the process or to guarantee approval at all. She also remarked that she didn't have any scheduled appointment on her calander that day! After some 'begging' and sweet-talking, she finally said that she would have someone retrieve my file, so she could get her 'boss' to sign the approval, and once it's approved she would call me again the next day.

Dejectedly, I went back to suffer yet another day of torment of waiting for the uncertainty. I decided to go back tomorrow morning whether or not she calls as I had lost faith in her after this whole no-i-didn't-say/do-so incident.

So this morning, yd and I had our breakfast in town and went straight to the immigration office. I waited until 10am for her call in vain (but much to my expectation). Then I went to her office with an excuse in mind for not waiting her call instead, i.e. my mobile reception being poor at home. I went in but it was another lady officer (who was there last week and had attended to my appeal too). I explained to the officer again, and thankfully she remembered me. She asked me to check directly with the counter to see if my application had been approved, and if not, I should go back to see her again.

So I went to the counter, submitted the reference letter and when I was told that my application was only submitted last week and it won't be ready that soon, I told them that I had made and appeal and talked to the officer. I was asked to wait and it took about 2 hours before they finall called my name and asked for he processing payment. That's it! It meant my application was finally approved! However, I could only collect my new passport the next day with the payment receipt, and they made me wait another 40min or so before they issued the receipt to me!

I made a silent prayer but still I knew I would only be able to rest my mind until I got my damn passport! So please pray for me........

Comments

Popular Posts