Pre-departure countdown - 8 Days: Checklist

One of the advantages of travelling with companion(s) is: having more than a brain to work on the packing checklist and compensating each other on the few things that one is bound to have overlooked or missed out. Below is the consolidated checklist we have worked out:

green-the ones I'd missed out
red-the ones yd had missed out

Toiletories:
toothpaste
toothbrush
dental floss (I thought toothbrush alone is enough, but maybe yd's right, there might be times when we would not have access to washroom/water...eww...that reminds me we need to get a breath freshner too..)

breath freshener (I hope we wont be needing it much..)
lip balm
sunblock
lotion
facial wash
toilet paper (i thought malaysia is the only country ..well, maybe not the only but must be the handful few in world that doesn't provoide toilet rolls in public toilets!? But apparently my little brother had done his research and told me that they don't have it in most backpackers hostel...ok, ok, but i think it's still not very crucial as i supposed we could 'collect' extra papers whenever we come across them in public toilets...lol. yd commented that he wished we would not be deported over toilet roll theft!)
wet tissue
contacts solution
contacts case

a spare pair of contacts
top-to-toe soap (i supposed this is to combine shampoo, conditioner and body soap in one....i think i'm still gonna bring conditioner just to avoid my hair turning into bird's nest or dried weeds after a month)

conditioner
cottonbud (what about my cottonbuds...i have to use then after shower, ok)

insect repellant? (i'm not so sure about this as we don't really plan to tramp/camp, but i read this in some of the guidebooks/websites..)

panty liners and sanitary pads (lol)

Clothes:
socks
handkies (this doesn't apply to me, come on, who else uses handkies nowadays...esp gals! i think it's utterly gross to keep the food stain from your lunch, your sweat, and god forbid, your nasal mucus in your pocket all day!!!)
disposable underwear (and some non-disposable too...they don't do disposible bra, do they?)
swimwear
quick-dry towel
face towel (hello? we are on backpacking! i don't even use seperate towels for my face and body at home..oops..does it mean i'm a dirty and gross lady?)

pillow case (according to most NZ travel guides, most backpackers hostel need you to rent the sheets if you don't have your own)
blanket (same as pillow case)
hats/caps (I didn't forget but since i don't own any, i assume yd's gonna bring both his hat and cap :D)
fleece
weatherproof jacket
rain poncho
shoes
sandals



Utilities:
zippo & fluid (stop polluting the world!!!)
note pad
pencil/pen

journal (have to keep a journal, and we might not have access to the Internet all the times)
torch

swiss knife (yd, better make sure you bring the swissknife I bought for you from switzerland! we can use it to defend ourselves or stab the bad guys in case we hitch hike the wrong car)
bin bag (err..care to explain a little, yd? I think you meant any plastic bags for dirty/damp clothings, no?)
water bottles
adaptor
sewing kit

comb (this probably doesn't apply to yd as i don't remember when was the last time i saw him use one)
twizeer (though we might not be travel in glamour and style..but the least i could (and should!) do is to keep my eye brows well trimmed and armpits hairless!!!! urgh!! i'm having this terrifying vision of myself with wild and thick and unkept brows, and hairy arm pits...NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!)
shaver (dear bro, did you forget this or you just don't really need it for a month? lol)


First aid:
bandages
prescription drugs (for pain, fever, diarhoea, and flu)
vitamins (A-Z, esp. with loads of M....anyway I'm sure our mum have prepared us enough supplies to open a pharmarcy in NZ, shh...don't tell her i said this but she is a vitaminholics!)



Food:
chocolate
power bars

utensils (forks & spoons) (I supposed it's because backpackers hostel doesnt provide these, right?)
coffee/tea (do we really need these? can buy from local mart right)


That's pretty much about it...if you think there are more important things that should be included in the list, do let us know! Thanks!

And,


A sneak preview of some of the things I've gotten:

backpacks: a 46.7 liters Eagle Creek for myself, and 50+10 liters Deuter for yd, borrowed from yc and jiann. Thanks guys!!

Teva flipflop

a pair of brand new All-Star canvas sneakers - yeah yeah, i know bringing new shoes is a big No-No, but I couldn't find my adiddas campus sneakers and that was the only shoes I have and it wasn't that comfortable for long journey either...so, well, we'll see if this would make sturdy walking shoes


a fleece throw (as blanket/sheets) i stole from yc after I moved out from her place in JB..:D it is so light and yet warm enough, and it dries up super fast!


and look what my darling bought for me, a faux fur Roxy hoodie!! it was super duper comfortable!!


and..taadaa!!! my latest backpacking-friendly hair cut, as compared to my shoulder length hair before. don't i just look 10-year younger? it's like back in high-school where it was compulsary for all gals to keep their hair short, in mushroom-like style :D except this time i did on my own free will..which i figure makes my head a happy mushroom instead!

And note my zits-infested face, yes i know it's not obvious because i'd purposely scaled down the picture so much. let's see if this trip is going to improve my skin condition from the fresh air and breath-taking sceneries i'll be breathing in and looking at; or it's going to make it worse from lack of facials, proper skin care product, insufficient sleep, malnutrition, wool allergies..etc *gasp*

Comments

  1. aarrgghh.... i'm soooo jealous! take me along wif you??? ;-)

    backpackers' hostels do provide cutlery and utensils. most the ones i've been to also provide free flow coffee and tea. but i'm referring to those in the northern hemisphere! still, i normally pack some 3-in-1 nescafe jus in case - and also, a pair of chopsticks (easy to pack, versatile!) in case the fork and and spoons look too dodgy - which has never happened!

    just an observation bout yr shoes... me not too sure of the weather there now. Is it dry and hot? cuz canvas shoes are no-no if it's wet and cold! leather cross-trainers would be the easiest. to me, the shoes are the most important - it must be dry and comfy!!!

    have fun! looking forward to all yr wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah, speaking of pics, u din mention camera in yr check-list! as well as charger for the batteries!!!! and extra memory cards!!!! :-)

    enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts