Come What May

I just returned from the library, returned the loan books and also pay the bloody fines for the book I lost together with other belongings in the snatch theft. (boy, do I really hate that snatcher!)

I tried to research for more information about the trip and I was so overwhelmed after reading a while. So many books and so much information I started feeling dizzy and nauseous. So I made a decision there and then: the heck with it, I'm not going to cram anymore information into my head! We will just figure our way as we travel!

We're not totally unprepared anyway. We know we can't swim across north and south islands; we had booked the one way flight from Christchurch to Auckland; we have confirmed with one of the hosts for a week of farmstay in exchange of couple hours of help a day at Karamea, west coast; we have a place to crash in Christchurch. I think we're good, really.

So what we are going to do now, is to finish packing and go through the checklist to make sure we did not miss out any important things, and sit back and shake our legs while counting down to the departure day! I figure too much research might spoil the fun because by then everywhere you go to, you would have already seen the scenery in books before. Imagine you know NOTHING about NZ prior to your arrival and everything and place and thing is totally new to you:

"OMG!!! Is that a penguin!? Oh my!! So they have penguins here!!!" isn't it simply priceless?

So, that's it. I'm not going to do anymore research or pre-arrangement. Just hang in there, kiwi (the bird, the fruit, and the people), here we come!!!

Comments

Popular Posts